Probably too old at this point to realize that life is a series of missed opportunities to make mundane choices. Tiny victories, hedging against the bleary haze of the next day. She’ll wake up anyway, may as well stay up. What shall I do?
Awesome Things To Do At Night When I’m Up and Alone and Can Still Get Away With It
- Go for a secret late night walk
- Drink alcohol and watch movies
- Go out and smoke a cigar
- Marathon a strategy game and listen to a podcast
- Write! Freely! Aimlessly!
- Pretty much the Gold Box List. (note: this is a personal to do list of what you might call “semi-scholastic personal enrichment” activities)
- Watch old TV series (Star Trek and X-Files)
- Watch old YouTube series I’ve already seen.
- WRITE FREELY! (AGAIN)
- Midnight snackage — sardines on toast with capers and olives
- Read a book in near-perfect silence
- Order cheap crap on eBay that comes a month later
- Make a grilled cheese sandwich only for myself
- (line item intentionally left blank to indicate the plethora of opportunity)